Workshop "Uncertainty in the World of Mathematics“ on the occasion of Dietrich Werner Müller`s 75th birthday
Speakers and Titles
- Dietrich Werner Müller (Universität Heidelberg): Retrospect of a Statistician
- Hans Föllmer (Humboldt Universität zu Berlin): Uncertainty in the Mathematics of Finance
- Rudy Beran (University of California at Davis): The Unbearable Transparency of Stein Estimation
- Lucien Birge (Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris): A Few Thoughts and Mathematics About the MLE
- Lutz Dümbgen (University of Bern): Sorcerers′ Apprentices - Some Cases of Statistics in the Real World
- Wolfgang Polonik (University of California at Davis): Mass Concentration, Then and Now
|19.30||Conference Evening (Restaurant Molkenkur)|
Date: July 19th, 2017
Venue: University of Heidelberg, Mathematikon, Im Neuenheimer Feld 205, 69120 Heidelberg
There is no registration fee for the workshop. But please note that the number of participants is limited and registration to the talks is on a first come first serve basis.
Those interested in attending the talks are asked to send ahead of time an e-mail to dn(at)statlab.uni-heidelberg.de.
If you like to attend the workshop dinner in the evening please register by sending an e-mail to Dagmar Neubauer (dn(at)statlab.uni-heidelberg.de) until July 5th, 2017. The contribution for the dinner is € 15, accompanied pay € 35.
MAThematics Center Heidelberg (MATCH) in cooperation with the Research Training Group "Statistical Modeling of Complex Systems and Processes”